Guardian EO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification

4 posters

Go down

Clarification Empty Clarification

Post by Thrasher[PM] Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm

This is to clear up a misconception about staff behavior regarding suspected cheaters.

We, as staff, try to do our best in getting rid of players who cheat. While some are easy to catch, others are not, they are constantly evolving. We cannot jail someone/ban/mute someone based on a suspicion of illegal activity, this is due to our rules and guidelines on how we operate.

While I know that it is frustrating for all players, to see someone we think is cheating, but cannot prove it, so they go un-punished, and I am sorry that this happens. However, we cannot justifiably take action because proof is required before, or when doing so.

So to get this straight, it is not that we refuse to take action, we just cannot at this time. I am sorry for the tension between myself and other players about the topic, but please understand where I am coming from, and stop going around to players and telling them that we refuse to do anything.

I will do my best to talk to King and see if a compromise can be reached, but until then, we need the community's co-operation on the matter, and please work with us, not against us.

Again, I am sorry for the unneeded tension, but we are not refusing to help the server and its continuity, we are just limited greatly in respects to this kind of situation. I hope this clears things up, and we are working to find a compromise to the situation.
Thrasher[PM]
Thrasher[PM]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Clarification Empty Re: Clarification

Post by Katy Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

I just wanna say that i really understand how u feel , i agree with u. Lets all work together to finish with this suspicion and became this server greater than he already his. Smile
Katy
Katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrasher[PM] Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Alright so... this is what we're going to do; if players have a suspicion about someone possibly cheating majorly, please bring it to the attention of a staff member, who will bring it to my attention.

I will then judge everything on a case-by-case basis, and do what, in my opinion, would be best for the server's continuity. This will, and only should be done on rare occasion, in which obtaining proof proves impossible.

This decision should put any arguments to rest, and I think it is best if we all move on.
Thrasher[PM]
Thrasher[PM]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamondstar Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:57 pm

I have to totally agree with you Thrasher....Catching a person who cheats is getting harder each day...they are constantly making programs that are undetected by others...so I have to put in my opinion and say we take each case into consideration....after it has been proven not to be true or vise verse then I feel that it should be put to rest. If everyone is wanting to catch someone doing something they shouldn't then the game isn't for enjoyment any longer....So yes I feel you are totally correct with this decision and I support it!!
Diamondstar
Diamondstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghici Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Your welcome.

ghici

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content