Guardian EO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browser Based Version

3 posters

Go down

Browser Based Version Empty Browser Based Version

Post by vegafire Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 pm

I think a browser based version of the game would be a realy good idea as some children will not have the rights on their computers to download files and it would bring in many more players.

So im thinking if i start developing a custom made webclient for the server and put it on the same host/ip it should run and would only need to download the cache which would still take about 1 hour but after that each visit is instant unless updates have been added in which it will automatically download the needed files.

If i can get the client right the same wonderfull detail should still be the same and customs ect, and it should not be any more usage than a downloaded client so the mainframe should stay stable. also since it is on the same database only the database will require editing via navicat. apart from that if the client does not look how you would like it i will show you how to edit it.

I can use a offline private server i have and put it online to test the client which should only take a week or two to develop and i can take screenshots of every map,monster,item,npc within the server before attempting to attach it to Guardian-eo so that King[PM] can see that it will not do any harm to the server.

Also with the webclient being 100% custom bot's and hacks will not work within the screen.
vegafire
vegafire

Back to top Go down

Browser Based Version Empty Re: Browser Based Version

Post by King[PM] Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Ummm... if its gonna take as long to download and you still have to download a file the same size how will that solve the problem of kids not being able to download? I like the current setup... for now anyway Smile
King[PM]
King[PM]
Admin

http://www.guardian-eo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Selyndice Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:00 am

its a nice idea. but the client is compressed when its rared so it would be alot slower load time with a webclient
my client is roughly 2.25gb.
compressed its 870k kb.
and im not sure if any bots are developed that use hooks yet. lol most are just mouse macros which would still work on a webclient.
Selyndice
Selyndice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum